How we guided a large pharmaceutical company towards a strong digital strategy based on target group insights
The marketing team of our client, a large pharmaceutical company, wanted to improve their communication towards healthcare professionals. This resulted in 3 main questions:
- Persona profiling: what are the needs, behavior and media behavior of this changing target group of healthcare professionals, especially millennial healthcare professionals?
- Communication SWOT: looking at the objectives, how effective is the communication towards the target group today?
- Inspiration: what are best practices from other (healthcare) companies?
They reached out to The House of Marketing to build a strong digital strategy based on target group insights.
Bridging the knowing-doing gap
Our approach consisted of the following steps:
- Lean insights gathering to define the gap between the AS IS & the TO BE situation:
- Target group profiling based on quantitative survey & qualitative social karma persona insights
- Assessment of communication materials
- Collection of pharma best practices
- Opportunity mapping: clear mapping of the gap and first view on opportunities to close this gap
Leaving our fingerprint behind
Our projected resulted in the following:
- A clear view on the current target group, their needs & interests
- Key barriers identified within the marketing funnel & clear recommendations on how to tackle those
- An overview of best practices within the pharma industry
- Mapping of key opportunities & high level feasibility exercise of each opportunity (in-depth analysis is for a next phase)
- Internal alignment on key challenges & opportunities regarding the communication towards the target group