How we developed the positioning and brand identity of a leading medical device company in the coronary market
Our client is one of the leading actors within the European endovascular & coronary market.
A recent brand tracker exercise showed that their target group does not clearly understand what the brand stands for. Next to this, our client lacks a clear view on purchase motivations.
They approached The House of Marketing for advice and support in defining their positioning strategy within the coronary market.
Bridging the knowing-doing gap
We set up a team that consisted of a Consulting Manager and a Junior Consultant. They organized:
- Qualitative (interviews, desk research) & quantitative (survey) insight gathering
- A workshop around mission & positioning
- A workshop around brand identity
- A translation of positioning & brand identity into an agency briefing and first creative ideas
Leaving our fingerprint behind
- Desk research gathering trends & best practices in the endovascular & coronary market sector
- Qualitative (in-depth interviews) and quantitative (100 respondents, 5 EU countries) research to identify specific needs, opportunities and buying motivations
- Creation of a new market competitive mission and vision 2.0
- A fully customer-centric positioning, aligned with market needs & differentiated from competitors
- A full brand-ID including briefing/strategic guidelines towards creative agency
- Development of creative idea(s) supporting the redefined positioning